Fire at Neepsend recycling plant
Around 10pm last night we were sent photos from around Sheffield of smoke coming from a building in Neepsend. We did what was expected, put some trainers on to investigate.
The flames could be seen as far away as Kelham Flea on Neepsend Lane but it was further down and round an industrial estate where the full impact could be seen.
What we know so far:
- The fire was at Arthur’s Skip Hire & Waste Management plant
- 6 fire engines were dealing with the fire at its peak
- Nobody was hurt
- There was no damage to buildings or vehicles
- There’s two fire engines still onsite
- Arthur’s Skip Yard is open for business this morning